Training with Enhance Learning and Support
Enhance Learning and Support provide a range of training to meet the needs of people with a learning disability.
Our training programmes cover awareness, communication & practical skills as well as health needs & clinical skills.
Training is delivered by highly trained and skilled Learning Disability Nurses.
The training I received was brilliant! I loved every minute and it was really interesting. I would recommend to everyone. I’ve learnt how to keep children with epilepsy safe and also how to use an epi-pen safely.
Rose – teaching assistant
Very professional and concise training given, I was made to feel at ease and confidence to complete enteral feeding training and felt competent afterwards.
Joanne – teaching assistant
The training I received from Chrissy was very thorough. The information provided was very useful and the support I received during and after enteral feeding training was great! I felt very confident with using the skills I obtained through this training and I was reassured all the way through and felt competent. Highly recommended.
Chloe – teacher
Chrissy trained me in Enteral feeding, , I really found the practical pump training to be useful. Chrissy was very supportive throughout my training and was a good mentor.
Becky – teaching assistant
I attended training on asthma, epilepsy and allergies. This training session was useful; it helped me to understand the signs and symptoms of asthma, epilepsy and allergies. This training was clearly presented and Chrissy had great knowledge in these areas.
Eleanor – support staff
Benefits of Awareness Training
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Attachment Disorder
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs in Children
- Allergies Awareness
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguarding (DOLS)
- Safeguarding Children
- Safeguarding Adults
Communication & Practical skills
Benefits of Communication & Practical skills
- Communication skills
- Sensory Processing Difficulties
- Dual Diagnosis – Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- How to Develop Social Stories
- Toileting and Promoting Continence
- Understanding Behaviour and Behaviour Management
- Sleep Difficulties and Promoting Good Sleep Hygiene
- Management in Health and Social Care
- Leadership Skills
- Management of Change Process
Health Needs & Clinical Skills
Benefits of Health Needs & Clinical skills
- Asthma and Inhaler Administration
- Anaphylaxis and Epi-pen Administration
- Diabetes Awareness and Insulin Administration
- Buccal Midazolam Administration
- Buccolam Administration
- Introduction to Enteral Feeding
- Percutaneous Endoscope Gastrostomy Feeding (PEG)
- Nasogastric Feeding (NG)
- Jejunostomy Feeding (JEJ)
- Tissue Viability
- Physical Health Clinical Skills
All our clinical skills training are theory and practical competencies assessed.
ELS also offer bespoke training, tailor made to suit your individual or organisation’s needs. Contact us on 07916 019953 to discuss your requirements.
Enhance Learning and Support hold training events throughout the year. We offer a set topic, date and venue that those interested can book themselves onto. Please visit our Events page for more information on these trainings.